THEME: DELAYED PROVISION
MEMORISE: The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. –Psalm 145:15
- *READ:* Daniel 10:7-13 (KJV)
- 7 And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.
- 8 Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.
- 9 Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.
- 10 And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
- 11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
- 12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
- 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
*Bible in One Year:* Esther 8-10, Ezekiel 48:21-35, Hymn: Sing Hymn 4 – Through The Love Of God Our Saviour
More often than not, when a man receives provision before he or she has need for it, wastage occurs. Such a fellow will entertain expenditures that are focused more on unnecessary wants rather than on needs.
This is why such an individual needs wisdom, guidance and lots of self-denial or self-control. May you not waste your provisions in Jesus’ Name! However, provision could also come at the time of need. This type of arrangement is preferred by some people because it eradicates the likelihood of waste.
According to Psalm 46:5, when God is your refuge, He will always show up at the right time. He is never late! I pray that whatever assistance you need will locate you as soon as the need arises in Jesus’ Name.
In quite a number of situations, provision comes much after the day of need. This is totally unacceptable because the purpose for which the provision is needed is already defeated.
Provision long after need is almost as bad as total denial. When help, assistance or provision is not available in the time of need, it will result in disappointment feelings of rejection, shame and disgrace, painful loss or even death.
Do you know that many people who died in some ghastly accidents could have survived if only they received help at the time of the incident? There are some who survived for a few hours but later gave up the ghost because they did not receive medical attention at the hour of need.
John 10:10 talks of Satan’s evil mission to steal, kill and destroy. One way he does this is by delaying provision or help from reaching people in need.
In today’s Bible reading, following his petition to Heaven during a fast, an answer was sent to Daniel, but it was delayed by the Prince of Persia for 21 days. Daniel should have received the answer on the first day, but it was delayed for that whole period.
Every force of delay, sent to set back your provision or help beyond the time of need, shall be frustrated, disgraced and paralysed in Jesus’ Name! Whatever was programmed to reach you late shall arrive on time, you shall not be disappointed! That yoke of delay over your expectations is destroyed now! The Lord will sort you out speedily in Jesus’ Name!
One challenge of the rich is that because they have enough to meet their needs, even for the next 10, 20 or more years, their confidence is usually in their money and not in God.